Industry 4.0 - Introduction
Would you like to know what Industry 4.0 is about? Then this course is for you!
In the course, we look at enabling technologies of Industry 4.0 from a human and industrial perspective. The course covers many topics and you will learn the basic terminology related to Industry 4.0 as well as insight and understanding of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and how it is set to affect industry and individuals.
We learn what Industry 4.0 is about and discuss potential benefits and challenges with these new enabling technologies. On completing the course, you will have a conceptual understanding of key terms and technologies related to Industry 4.0.
You will learn to
- Understand and exemplify the impact of digitalization on industry and humans in daily life both now and in the future.
- Understand the system landscape in Industry 4.0 and its terminology/technology (VR, AR, AM, AI, IoT, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics, Cyber-physical system, etc.)
- Exemplify Industry 4.0 technologies in industrial cases and describe potential benefits and challenges.
- Assess maturity level of digitalization transformation in production system.
30 credits in Engineering/Technology and at least 2 years’ experience in full-time employment in a relevant area within industry.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc.
After submitting your electronic application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course you have applied for. In order to document your eligibility, you must provide your high school diploma and university transcript and proof of your English language proficiency.
To meet the entry requirements for this course you need to have previous academic qualifications (university studies). You will find the specific entry requirements above.
No academic qualifications?
If you do not have the formal academic qualifications needed for a specific course, you can apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc. This is also known as a validation of prior learning.
Recognition of prior learning means the mapping out and assessment of an individual's competence and qualifications, regardless how, where or when they were acquired – in the formal education system or in some other way in Sweden or abroad, just recently or a long time ago.
If you think your knowledge and competences will qualify you for this course, you will need to upload th following with your application:
- CV with description of your educational and professional background. Your CV must describe your knowledge and competences in relation to the entry requirements.
- If you refer to work experience, you need to upload an Employers certificate.
If we need more information, we will contact you.
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDH offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development