Rooms and group rooms at MDH
At MDH there is a variety of rooms and areas for students to use. Group rooms for group work, open study areas, computer rooms with a certain type of software, and kitchens where you can warm up your food, are a few examples.
As a student you have access to several different computer rooms, depending on your School affiliation. You may use the rooms on Mondays to Sundays between 07.00 and 22.00. You will need your university card and code to get in. Please bear in mind that certain computer rooms may be booked for teaching purposes.
If you discover any faults in the computer room, please contact Helpdesk:
Telephone: 016 - 15 51 50. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking group rooms
As a student you may book group rooms at MDH free of charge. Log in with your student account and select the tab ”Resursbokning” (Resource booking) Bear in mind that:
- you may book 7 days in advance
- you may book a maximum of 2 sessions per day (4 hours) and a total of 8 sessions (16 hours)
- if the room is not in use 15 minutes into the time booked, it is open for others to use. This 15-minute rule does not apply to group rooms booked for teaching purposes
- cancel the room booking if you are not going to use it
- everyone in the room is to ensure that it is kept clean and tidy.
Open study areas
In all the buildings on MDH’s campuses in Eskilstuna and Västerås there are open areas for studies, some with electricity and network sockets. You do not need to book these study areas in advance.
There are a number of kitchens where students can warm up and eat the food they have brought with them. Here’s where to find the kitchens:
- Eskilstuna: Väpnaren, floor 2; Vapensmeden, floor 1; Verktyget, ground floor
- Västerås: U block, ground floor; R block, ground floor
The Quiet Room is a place for students or staff to retire for a while and take a break from the daily bustle. The room is open to everyone regardless of belief or view of life. It is important that the Quiet Room is felt to be a place for everybody. The room may not be booked for gatherings; it is open for everybody at all times of the day.
Here’s where to find the Quiet Room:
- Västerås: R block on floor 2.
- Eskilstuna: Väpnaren, F212
Find rooms in Eskilstuna.
Rooms i Västerås
Find rooms in Västerås