Studenter och medarbetare vid MDH åker gratis med bussarna mellan campusorterna Eskilstuna och Västerås. Detta gäller måndag – fredag, helgfri dag, under hösttermin och vårtermin. MDH-kortet används som färdbevis.
Timetable for the buses
Timetable for the buses
As a student and employee at Mälardalen University you have free travel between our two campuses in Eskilstuna and Västerås, Monday to Friday during the academic year. You use the university card as ticket.
The Coronavirus affects travel
The buses still operate between the two campus cities, but to avoid overcrowding please keep your distance from others inside the bus and sit spaced out. The regular timetable is still valid.
- If possible, use another form of transport than the bus.
- If there is a queue, please keep your distance.
- Passengers should use a face mask if there are other people within two metres. You can buy face masks at the Student Centre.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Stay at home if you are unwell or have any symptoms.
Summer break for the buses
The buses between MDH’s two campuses are taking a temporary break over summer. The last tours before the summer break take place on 4th June. The buses resume regular operation between the two campuses on 23rd August.
Departure from Västerås
Departure from Eskilstuna
The bus stops
- The central station Västerås, Bus stop I.
- Campus Västerås, (Between building U and R) Address: Högskoleplan 1.
- Campus Eskilstuna, Address: Hamngatan 15.
Use you university card for travel
In order to be able to take the bus, you need to show your personal university card to the driver of the bus. You can order your university card via the Student Portal.
If you haven’t received your card before the start of the term, you can go to the Student Centre and show your letter of acceptance, whereupon you’ll be given a temporary travel document. This needs to be shown to the bus driver together with a valid photo ID. The temporary travel document is valid for a period of four weeks from the start of the term.
Your university card can be ordered after registration via the Student Portal. It may take up to eight hours after you have registered before you can order your university card.
What you need to know as an employee
The free travel with the buses is only valid for travelling when on duty and not for travelling to work from your home.
Tickets for other travellers
You can buy tickets on the bus.
- Youth/student 59 kr
- Adult: 69 kr
More information about travelling
- Please avoid using perfume and other strong scents on the bus.
- No traffic on red days.
- All students and staff are guaranteed a seat on the buses.
- The buses have access to Internet through Wifi.
- All buses are equipped with safety belts. You must use the safety belt, for your own safety as well as others'.
- If you forget anything on the buses, the driver will leave it at the Student Centre.