Do you want to be efficient, effective and minimize waste by learning and implementing lean production tools? This course provides insight into the demands and challenges posed by competitive production in industrial production systems and develops your ability to participate in and to drive improvement work.
The course focuses on efficient lean production. Through theory and project work, you will learn useful techniques, methods and strategies. You will obtain the necessary knowledge and training to carry out value stream mapping and other forms of improvement work.
The course offers current and competitive knowledge through its close links with our successful research and partner companies. It provides basic knowledge and understanding of the modern view of lean production in industrial activity.
- Competitive and sustainable production systems
- Customer value versus waste
- Basic philosophy, strategies and principles for Lean production
- Value stream mapping, customer value and elimination of waste
- Lean management and organisation, business process development
- Maintenance and equipment efficiency in competitive production systems
You will learn to
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate, plan and implement a value stream mapping of a production segment in an industrial activity.
- Demonstrate the ability in group work to plan, implement and report a project assignment in writing as well as verbally and to provide feedback on such work.
- Demonstrate the ability to propose and compare various options for enhancing a production system section through the selection and application of methods and tools for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of competitive and sustainable production.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic philosophy, strategies and principles for lean production.
40 credits in Engineering/Technology and at least 2 years’ experience in full-time employment in a relevant area within industry.In addition English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc.
Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
The course require that you have previous academies studies, but we validate work experience to assess if you have the knowledge that is equal to the eligibility requirements for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence
• Download a template for Employers certificate
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDH offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development