Do you want to be efficient, effective and minimize waste by learning and implementing lean production tools? This course provides insight into the demands and challenges posed by competitive production in industrial production systems and develops your ability to participate in and to drive improvement work.
The course focuses on efficient lean production. Through theory and project work, you will learn useful techniques, methods and strategies. You will obtain the necessary knowledge and training to carry out value stream mapping and other forms of improvement work.
The course offers current and competitive knowledge through its close links with our successful research and partner companies. It provides basic knowledge and understanding of the modern view of lean production in industrial activity.
Download short description: Lean Production PDF
- Competitive and sustainable production systems
- Customer value versus waste
- Basic philosophy, strategies and principles for Lean production
- Value stream mapping, customer value and elimination of waste
- Lean management and organisation, business process development
- Maintenance and equipment efficiency in competitive production systems
You will learn to
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate, plan and implement a value stream mapping of a production segment in an industrial activity.
- Demonstrate the ability in group work to plan, implement and report a project assignment in writing as well as verbally and to provide feedback on such work.
- Demonstrate the ability to propose and compare various options for enhancing a production system section through the selection and application of methods and tools for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of competitive and sustainable production.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic philosophy, strategies and principles for lean production.
40 credits in Engineering/Technology and at least 2 years’ experience in full-time employment in a relevant area within industry.In addition English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc.
Course title in Swedish
The course is given in the autumn semester. Application opens mid-March.
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDH offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development