Internet of Things for Manufacturing Industry
In this course, you will gain insight in components and technologies included in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Designed specifically for manufacturing sector professionals, the course provides knowledge about the infrastructure, the technologies and requirements needed to generate, transport and manage data in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) system which is one of the main building blocks towards digitalization and smart factories.
The course is held in a combination of online and physical lectures at the MDH campus in Eskilstuna. It includes project work, laboratory exercises and assignments where the student gets knowledge of different applications of IIoT in the manufacturing industry.
- Smart Automation and Smart sensors (e.g. RFID sensor technologies).
- IoT communication technologies (e.g. Ethernet, Wifi, ZigBee, BLE, LoRa, 5G).
- Cloud computing and Digital Twins.
- IoT and industrial protocols (e.g. OPC UA, MQTT).
- Industrial safety and security standards (e.g., CENELEC EN 50128, ISO/IEC 15408).
- Industrial monitoring and surveillance applications of Wireless Sensor Networks (e.g. SCADA, PSIM).
- IoT programming using Node-RED (no prior knowledge in programming is needed).
What you will learn
- Different IIoT systems and their role in future smart factories.· How different sensor types can be used in the manufacturing industry and know the characteristics of each type.· Dependability-related aspects of data communication and appropriate measures against security threats.
- How to apply the IIoT technologies in monitoring, production, logistics and product development.
- Use of cloud computing and describe the most important driving forces and obstacles for using cloud computing in the manufacturing industry.
- Communication technologies and their possibilities, limitations and expected role in the development of IIoT.
40 credits in Engineering/Technology and at least 2 years’ experience in full-time employment in a relevant area within industry.
In addition English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc.
Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
The course require that you have previous academies studies, but we validate work experience to assess if you have the knowledge that is equal to the eligibility requirements for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence
• Download a template for Employers certificate
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDH offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development