You do a digital exam on your laptop. Before the exam you will need to go through a few steps to be able to do the exam in Inspera Assessment, which MDH uses for digital exams.
Digital on-campus exam with
You do a digital on-campus exam on your laptop. Before the exam you will need to go through a few steps to be able to do the exam in Inspera Assessment, which MDH uses for digital exams.
Before the exam
- Sign up in Ladok. Remember to cancel your registration if you will not complete the exam.
- You need to install Safe Exam Browser on your laptop. Read more about the system requirements here
- Go to https://mdh.inspera.com/ and log in with your student account. Use the demo exam to get examples of what an exam can look like in Inspera. There is more information about doing a digital exam on Insperas help pages.
- Certain exams may have information from the examiner, which you can read before the exam.
- Read also the University’s Rules for Written Examinations and the Rules and Regulations for Examinations at First-cycle and Second-cycle Level
- If you don’t have a laptop nor are able to borrow one from anybody, you must apply to email@example.com to borrow one from them. Requests to borrow such computers must be made no later than 10 days before the date of the exam.The number of computers to borrow is limited.
At the exam
When you log in to Inspera to do the exam you will not be able to use the internet or documents on your computer. You can do only the exam and the links that have been approved and that may be used in the exam in Inspera.
- your user name/email and password for MDH
- a laptop with Safe Exam Browser installed
- to have the battery fully charged when you start
- to take a charger for the computer
- to take your ID/valid identity document
- to be in the exam room at least 30 minutes before the exam begins to see that everything works and that you can log in
- you are connected to Eduroam, the University’s internet connection
- the battery is charged and that you have a charger with you to be able to charge it during the exam
- you can log in to mdh.inspera.com
The exam is saved every 15 seconds in Inspera. The invigilators will help you if you have problems and can see to it that your answers are saved, and will also help you to borrow a computer if you have problems with your hardware/computer. Always report to the invigilator if you lose the network connection.
You may click backwards and forwards between the questions if your teacher has consented to this. You may also flag a question if you wish to go back to it or check the answer before you hand in the exam if your teacher has consented to this.
When you have finished you must call the invigilator. You will then close down and submit the exam in Inspera.