Quality assurance – Regression testing and fault prediction
The course consists of two parts: For the regression test selection part, the purpose is to enable participants get an in-depth understanding of techniques for selecting test cases that should be executed following changes to the software under test. For the software fault prediction part, the purpose is to use software fault prediction models as a way to provide quality estimates using measurements from design and testing processes.
The course will further discuss methodology of building simple software fault prediction models and highlight its use.
About the course
- Introduction to regression testing and regression test selection
- Regression test selection techniques
- Basis of regression test selection
- Regression test selection for different applications
- Introduction to software fault prediction and benefits
- Classes of predictor variables to use for software fault prediction
- Techniques for software fault prediction
- Software fault prediction methodology
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
Related industrial challenges addressed in the course
- Minimize test effort and increase test effectiveness in regression testing
- How to know which parts of the software under test to focus on during testing.
For Course Syllabus use course code DVA466 in the.