Competitive production systems lean and improvment work in industrial systems
This course will provide insight into the demands and challenges posed by competitive production in industrial production systems and develop the ability to participate in and to drive improvement work.
About the course
The course gives insight into the current requirements and challenges of competitive industrial production and focuses on efficient Lean production. Through theory and project work you will learn useful techniques, methods and strategies. You get the necessary knowledge and training to carry out a value flow analysis and other forms of improvement work.
You will get current and competitive knowledge, a path to new developing work tasks. The course is developed and linked to reality in close collaboration with our successful research and cooperating companies. The course provides a basic knowledge and understanding of the modern view of Lean production in industrial activities.
The teaching consists of lectures, exercises and supervision. Independent studies and industry-applied improvement projects in groups.
- knowledge and understanding of competitive and sustainable production
- knowledge and understanding of basic philosophy, strategies and principles for lean production
- ability to integrate, plan and implement a value-flow analysis of a production segment in an industrial activity
- ability in group work to plan, implement and report a project assignment in writing as well as verbally and to provide feedback on such work
- ability to propose and compare various options for enhancing a production system section through the selection and application of methods and tools for continuous improvement.
Within the course you will study
- Competitive and sustainable production systems.
- Customer value versus waste.
- Basic philosophy, strategies and principles for Lean production.
- Value flow analysis, customer value and elimination of waste.
- Lean management and organisation, business process development.
- Maintenance and equipment efficiency in competitive production systems.
For Course Syllabus use course code PPU428 in the.
Marcus Bengtsson, Researcher
+46 (0)70 425 81 15