Introduktion till infrastrukturer för IoT
This course provides a fundamental knowledge of IoT, targeting physical devices, communication and computation infrastructure. The course gives theoretical knowledge as well as hands-on experiences to build an IoT application.
About this course
Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the concept of connecting physical devices all around the world. The “thing” can refer to any device in the range from a simple sensor to a more sophisticated device such as a smartphone. From the industrial perspective, experts believe that by 2020 more than half of the businesses will integrate IoT.
This course focuses on fundamental aspects of IoT infrastructures. The goal is to provide knowledge and skills needed to build Internet of Things systems, going beyond traditional Embedded Systems courses; introducing a conceptual framework that embraces automation, communication and new forms of computing like Cloud and Fog/Edge.
The IoT World Forum proposes a seven-layer reference model for IoT, from physical devices in the first layer up to business process layer on the top. This course focuses only on the first three layers, including physical devices and controllers; connectivity; and computing layers.
- The course is fully online and there is no physical lecture, even for the examination
- The course is flexible in a sense that you can read the course material within the course duration in your pace, although we have a recommendation as well
- The assignments are available from the beginning for those who have some backgrounds in the topic, although the grades will come at the end of the course
- The project work in this course has a flexibility to chose among topics with different platforms, e.g., you can chose to do on a real raspberry pi or on simulation
- The course pace is 17% which makes it easy for those who have less time to put on the course
- 100 credits where 60 credits in computer science and/or electronics and 7.5 credits in programming.
- In addition English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc.
Tillfällen för denna kurs
2021-10-04 - 2021-12-12 (deltid 17%)
Antal obligatoriska träffar inklusive tentamen: 0
Antal övriga fysiska träffar: 0
Kursplan & litteraturSe kursplan och litteraturlistor (DVA480)
100 hp varav 60 hp i datavetenskap och/eller i elektronik och 7.5 hp programmering. Dessutom krävs Svenska B/Svenska 3 samt Engelska A/Engelska 6. I de fall kursen ges på engelska görs undantag från kravet på Svenska B/Svenska 3.