Course syllabus - Functional safety for safety critical software 6.0 credits
Funktionell säkerhet för säkerhetskritisk mjukvara
|Valid from:||Autumn semester16 Autumn semester17|
|Level of education:||Second cycle|
|Subject:||Informatics/Computer and Systems Scie...|
|Main Field(s) of Study:||Computer Science,|
|In-Depth Level:||A1N (Second cycle, has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements),|
The purpose is to give the students an overview of issues and methods for development and quality assurance of safety-critical software, including details of selected technologies, methods and tools.
After completing the course, the student shall be able to:
1. be well aware of key issues, tools and methods used for development of safety-critical software
2. be able to apply selected tools and methods for development and quality assurance of safety-critical software
3. have demonstrated ability to document the safety assurance work
4. have acquired an ability to adopt scientific advances within the area
1. Introduction to functional safety; knowledge that give increased understanding of the relationship between Embedded systems / safety-critical system / accidents / complexity / development models (development lifecycle models) / certification / "the safety case".
2. Analysis and modelling methods; review of analysis and modelling techniques for the development of safety-critical systems.
3. Verification and validation of safety critical software, methods and activities to perform verification and validation
4. Architectures for safety critical systems. Safety as a design constraint
Web-based pre-recorded lectures.
Specific entry requirements
120 credits of which at least 80 credits should be within Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, and at least 18 months of documented work experience in software development or software related areas. In addition Swedish course B/Swedish course 3 and English course A/English course 6 are required. For courses given entirely in English exemption is made from the requirement in Swedish course B/Swedish course 3.
Written assignment (INL1), Module 1: Introduction, 2 credits, (examines the learning objectives 1, 3 and 4), marks Fail (U) or Pass (G)
Written assignment (INL2), Module 2: Analysis Techniques, 1,5 credits, (examines the learning objectives 1 and 4), marks Fail (U) or Pass (G)
Written assignment (INL3), Module 3: Verification and Validation, 1,5 credits, (examines the learning objectives 1-4), marks Fail (U) or Pass (G)
Written assignment (INL4), Module 4: Architectures, 1 credit, (examines the learning objectives 1,2 and 4), marks Fail (U) or Pass (G)
The course overlaps with 6 credits towards DVA433 Safety-critical Software.
Course literature is preliminary until 15 days before the course starts.
Valid from: Autumn semester17
Last update: 2017-01-31
Litteraturen består av vetenskapliga artiklar och och en e-bok och finns tillgänglig gratis på internet. All litteratur finns tillgänglig via Blackboard.
Akademin för innovation, design och teknik ,