When applying for an education in Sweden, citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland are required to pay an application fee. Here you can find information about the fee and see if the fee applies to you.
The application fee will cover the costs associated with the processing of an admission application.
The assessment of an application is conditioned to the payment of the application fee.
Application fee amount
The application fee will be 900 SEK (Swedish kronor).
Do I have to pay an application fee?
If you are citizen of a country outside of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you are required to pay the application fee.
There are however some exception to this rule. If you meet any of the criteria listed below, you may be exempted from paying the application fee.
You don’t have to pay application fee if:
• You have Swedish citizenship,
• You have been granted a permanent Swedish residency permit,
• You have been granted a temporary Swedish residency permit for reasons other than studies. (Having a temporary residency permit for studies in Sweden does NOT grant you exemption from fee payments),
• You have citizenship in a European Union (EU) country, European Economic Area (EEA) country, or Switzerland,
• You are a family member of a citizen of an EU or EEA country, or Switzerland, and have the right to temporary or permanent residency in Sweden,
• You have long-term resident status in Sweden,
• You have long-term resident status in another country in the European Union and have Swedish residency,
• You are applying for or are registered for Third cycle (doctoral) studies. Application and tuition fees are only required for studies at the First cycle (bachelor) and Second cycle (Masters) level,
• You are registered at a university or university college outside of Sweden and will be studying in Sweden on a temporary basis as part of an official study abroad programme as an exchange student.
How do I pay the application fee?
The Swedish Agency for Higher Education Services administrates universityadmissions.se, the official website for applying to higher education in Sweden. The payment process will take place in “ ” on universityadmissions.se once you submit an application.