About MAM Seminar
Higher Seminar in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics is the main regular seminar activity in the subject Mathematics/Applied Mathematics organized by MAM (Mathematics and Applied Mathematics) research environment at the school UKK at Mälardalen University.
Higher Seminar in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics at the school UKK, Mälardalen University has as its main goal to help maintain the high quality of research and graduate studies in the subject Mathematics/Applied Mathematics at Mälardalen University and thereby enhance further the contribution of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics as the research base for Engineering and Economics areas of education at the university and for teachers education.
Organizing committee of the Higher Seminar in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics is
- (Mathematics, chair of organizing committee, main contact)
- (Mathematics: Discrete Mathematics)
- (Mathematics: Stochastic Processes, Statistics, Financial Engineering)
All members of the organizing committee can be contacted with suggestions for seminars.
Seminar overall mission and scope
The Higher Seminar in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics is the main regular seminar activity in the subject Mathematics/Applied Mathematics organized by MAM (Mathematics and Applied Mathematics) research environment at the school UKK at Mälardalen University.
Higher Seminar in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics is developed in the following four tracks:
- Mathematics and Applied Mathematics (This is the main track of the subject’s seminar main track)
- Interdisciplinary cooperation within and outside MDU (at MDU including in particular interaction of Mathematics/Applied mathematics with other subjects and established areas at all four schools UKK, EST, IDT and HVV of the university)
- Co-production and collaboration (SOS) with other universities nationally and internationally, industry, research laboratories an institutes, municipality and the surrounding community
Interaction between Mathematics/Applied Mathematics and Educational Sciences (Didactics) within the school UKK
The broad interdisciplinary nature and content of Higher Seminar in the subject of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics stems from the Mathematics overall interdisciplinary character and its important role for sustainable operation and high scientific quality at Mälardalen University and for collaboration with other universities, industry, community and the surrounding community nationally and internationally.
The subject Mathematics/Applied Mathematics at Mälardalen University has important overall responsibility at the university for that the high knowledge content and quality in engineering education and economics education and teacher education programs can be maintained and degree awarding powers in many other subjects at Mälardalen University can be secured and developed.
All seminars are normally on Wednesdays from 15:30 to 16:30 without a break and are 30 minutes to 50 minutes long plus discussion. Two seminars on the same day are 30 minutes each with a short technical break.
Higher Seminar in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics is regularly complemented by workshops, mini-symposia, mini-courses, guest lectures and other events related to research and education in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics.