Continued high application numbers at MDH
Apr 19, 2016 | Education Student
The application numbers have come in for the country’s university programmes and courses offered in the autumn, and more than 27,000 individuals have chosen an MDH programme. The healthcare programmes are in the lead with regard to first-choice applicants, and the new political science programme is very popular among prospective students, too.
27,210 people have applied for one of MDH’s educational offerings in the autumn. Programmes focusing on health and care are particularly popular, with the social care, nursing, and physiotherapy programmes having attracted most first-choice applicants this year, while the teacher programme for preschool class to grade 3 has witnessed the highest increase in the number of first-choice applicants.
– It is a pleasure to see that so many prospective students have chosen MDH for their studies in the autumn. It confirms that our educational offerings are in demand and that our close cooperation with the private and public sectors yields good results, says acting vice-chancellor Paul Pettersson.
Considerable interest in new political science programme
In the autumn term 2016, MDH is offering several new programmes, including the political science programme, which has been very popular among this year’s prospective students. With 592 applicants in total, the expectations have been more than fulfilled, showing a considerable interest in political science.
– The application numbers for the new political science programme are fantastic! Political scientists are needed, as the ability to analyze political decisions affecting society becomes ever more important. That’s why we’re very pleased that so many have applied for the new political science programme. It is an important indicator – possibly the most important one – that we have designed an interesting programme that offers the competence required by the labour market, says Joakim Johansson, docent in political science at MDH.
More MDH application statistics for the autumn 2016
- total number of individual applicants for the autumn term 2016: 27,210
- programmes with most first-choice applicants: social care, nursing and physiotherapy
- programmes with most applicants in total: social care, nursing, behavioural science
- second-cycle programmes with most first-choice applicants: special education, special needs teacher, specialist nursing (district nurse)
- most popular courses: Marketing – Introduction and To Develop Organizations and Leadership
Contact Ammie Westbeck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 016-153438.