Product and Production Development
The aim of PERFORMINGRAIL is to delineate through, formal modelling and optimal traffic management, a moving block railway signalling that mitigates potential hazards in the diverse market segments.
European Union Horizon 2020 Shift2Rail Joint Undertaking
The University of Birmingham, Technische Universuteit Delft, Universite Gustave Eiffel. Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale Per L'informatica and Certifer SA, Rokubun S.L
Project manager at MDH
Describtion of the project
PERFORMINGRAIL (Performance-based Formal modelling and Optimal traffic Management for moving-block railway signalling) will support the activities of the European Union Shift2Rail Join Undertaking Innovation Program 2 about Adaptable Communications Technology Demonstrator, by helping to bring the developments as close as possible to the market but also supporting to update the regulatory framework.
In accordance with the objectives of the IP2 TD2.4 Fail Safe Train Positioning (including GNSS) described in the S2R Multi
Annual Action Plan (MAAP), in the field of Train Localisation (based on the use of combined technologies such as for
example EGNSS, IMU, kinematics, Digital Map) the main objectives of PERFORMINGRAIL are to contribute with:
- Enhanced railways Fault Detection and Exclusion algorithms for addressing local feared events
- Data fusion algorithms suitable for railway safe applications
- EGNSS monitoring techniques based on carrier phase measurement and multi-frequency technology
- To help promote the use of formal methods as a means to check safety of advanced railway operation (in
accordance with IP2 TD2.7)
- To provide Independent Assessment Report on the proposed technologies and solutions