About me – Amir Vadiee
I am employed as a lecturer in the Department of Civil Engineering and Energy Systems within the School of Business, Society and Engineering at Mälardalen University. I got my PhD degree in 2013 from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden. Before I started working at MDH, I had worked as Assistant Professor at Shiraz University of Technology (Sutech) in Iran.
I hold a PhD in Energy Engineering from the Division of Applied Heat and Power Technology, Department of Energy at Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) for my research on energy management in large-scale solar buildings. I obtained a MSc degree in Sustainable Energy Engineering from KTH, Sweden, and a BSc in Thermo-fluid Mechanical Engineering from Shiraz University, Iran.
Teaching and supervision background
I have had various teaching assignments as guest lecturer, lecturer, main course responsible and examiner in more than 12 courses in first, second and third cycle level. I have supervised 21 MSc students and 4 BSc students and I have been assigned as opponent and examiner for two PhD students and three MSc students, so far at KTH, Sutech, and Linnaeus University, Sweden.
My current assignments
Primarily, I am involved in some building engineering program courses. Secondarily, I do some research within the Future Energy Center (FEC).
My focus of research
- Energy system modelling, conceptual design and optimization.
- Solar energy integrated systems and specifically solar buildings.
- Thermal energy storage for low and medium temperature application.
- Innovative passive solution in energy conservation methods for commercial and residential building.
- Nearly zero, net zero and plus energy building integrated with polygeneration systems.
- Energy analysis and multidimensional assessment on district heating and cooling system integrated with renewable energy technologies.
- Effects of energy efficiency measures in district-heated buildings on energy supply and ground source heat pump aided heating system on primary energy demand.
- Thermo-economic and enviro-economic assessment on heat and power generation system integrated with renewable energy technologies in different climate conditions.
|MAGNITUDE – en ny magnitud av integrationsflexibilitet genom användning av multi-energibärare||Framtidens energi||Jinyue Yan||EU:s Horizon 2020-program|
|Smarta Flöden||Framtidens energi||Konstantinos Kyprianidis||Vinnova, PiiA|