Climate action. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
Eva Thorin, Professor of Energy Engineering at Mälardalen University about her research.
- Vafab miljö
- Eskilstuna energi och miljö
- Castellum Aspholmen
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Climate change is now affecting every country on every continent. It is disrupting national economies and affecting lives, costing people, communities and countries dearly today and even more tomorrow.
People are experiencing the significant impacts of climate change, which include changing weather patterns, rising sea level, and more extreme weather events. The greenhouse gas emissions from human activities are driving climate change and continue to rise. They are now at their highest levels in history. Without action, the world’s average surface temperature is projected to rise over the 21st century and is likely to surpass 3 degrees Celsius this century—with some areas of the world expected to warm even more. The poorest and most vulnerable people are being affected the most.
Affordable, scalable solutions are now available to enable countries to leapfrog to cleaner, more resilient economies. The pace of change is quickening as more people are turning to renewable energy and a range of other measures that will reduce emissions and increase adaptation efforts.
But climate change is a global challenge that does not respect national borders. Emissions anywhere affect people everywhere. It is an issue that requires solutions that need to be coordinated at the international level and it requires international cooperation to help developing countries move toward a low-carbon economy.
Ongoing research projects
- AI assisted CO2 capture in biomass CHP plants
- AI for Sustainable Food Production from Farm to Fork
- Aqua2Farm - Boosting sustainable urban farming by near infrared spectroscopy with aquaphotomics
- BREEMRES – Building a Research and Education Environment for Modern Renewable Energy Systems
- Concepts for the Sustainable Office of the Future (SOFCO)
- Energy management of fuel cell powered data centers
- Evaluation of the first agrivoltaic system in Sweden
- GREENER: Intelligent energy management in connected construction sites
- Hybrid Electric small commuter aircraft conceptual design (HECARRUS)
- NET-RAPIDO: Negative emission technologies: readiness assessment, policy instrument design, options for governance and dialogue
- SMART – Smart control of district heating networks integrating next generation energy-efficient buildings
- The ethics and politics of climate-induced migration