Welcome to the Student Health Care
At the Student Health Care you, as a student, can come to get advice and support in health matters. Here wellness coaches and counsellors work so that you can stay as healthy as possible during your period of study.
It’s free of charge to visit the Student Health Care. The staff have professional secrecy and make no records.
If for any reason you don’t feel well or need advice and support you can book an appointment. You may for example want to talk about:
- depression, worry or anxiety
- difficulties with studies, performance anxiety or stress
- crises in life, deaths, illnesses or relationship problems
- health and lifestyle matters such as sleep, food, exercise, alcohol or tobacco.
If you fall ill
At the Student Health Care there is no medical health care provided. If you fall ill you can contact the 1177 health care guide or your health care centre. Bear in mind that it’s important to register your illness with Försäkringskassan (Swedish Social Insurance Service) since it may affect your study loans.
Insurance for students
As a student you are insured against accidents during your period of studies and also for travel between your home and campus. Sometimes the insurance may also be valid for illness through infection, for example if you are infected by a substance in a laboratory.
As a student you should also have a household insurance. Most insurance companies have special rates for students. Contact different insurance companies for more information.
Take part in the Student Health Care’s courses/groups
The Student Health Care arranges a number of courses and lectures that you may sign up for as a student. Here are a few examples. Contact the Student Health Care if you have requests for other topics.
- Stop postponing things. Learn how you can change your behaviour and stop putting things off until the last minute.
- Deal with stress. What is stress and what can you do to deal with it?
- Dare to speak. A lot of people find it hard to talk in front of people. Here you can get tips about what to think of for doing a presentation, and practical exercises to reduce its discomfort.
- Sleep better. For you to feel good and able to cope with your studies, good sleep is crucial. You’ll get to know what you can do to sleep better.
- Performance anxiety. You’ll get information about how to lower your level of ambition and deal with unreasonable performance requirements.
Book a course or lecture
To book a lecture or a course, contact the Student Health Care at firstname.lastname@example.org
or: 021 – 10 73 80