Mälardalen University logotype


Credit transfer

Results from academic courses at other universities in Sweden and/or abroad may be transferred to your records at Mälardalen University and taken into account if or when you apply for a degree.

You may also apply for credit transfer of an unfinished course for a whole or part of a course. Other education and vocational activities may also be considered for accreditation.

To be able to have your credit transfer assessed you have to be a student at Mälardalen University. The right to credit previous studies is regulated in the Higher Education Ordinance. At Mälardalen University the Local system for credit transfer also applies.

It is important that your application is complete upon submission. Any copies must be certified (i.e., a person must certify that the copy corresponds to the original by writing their signature, name clarification and telephone number on each copy). Original documents must be presented on request. If supplementation is requested and does not arrive within two months, decisions are made based on existing documents.

Information regarding documents to be enclosed can be found on the application form.

Application - Credit Transfer at First or Second Cycle

Application - Credit Transfer from Studies Abroad

A course or part of a course for which you have credit transfers may not be included in your degree together with the course on which your credit transfer is based, since the credits may not be counted twice. There may also be overlapping between previous qualifications and those that are credit transferred. If this is the case you will be informed of it in connection with the decision.

Rejection of application
for credit transfer

If your application for a credit transfer is rejected, there is an opportunity to appeal against the decision. The Higher Education Appeals Board is an authority whose task is to assess appeals receive information about how to make an appeal.

More information at Överklagandenämnden External link.

More information about degree regulations

Information about credit transfer in The Higher Education Ordinance External link.

Mälardalen University's local system for credit transfer — in Swedish only External link.

Questions about credit transfers?

If you have any questions about credit transfers you may contact studenttorget@mdh.se
to get in touch with a study adviser at the School responsible for your study programme.

To top