This is how you get going!
This is how you get going!
1. Download paceUP!
Download from AppStore or Google Play and create an account (completely free of course). Remember what email address you use. If you already have an account on paceUP! from before, you can skip this step.
2. Create your profile
When you’ve downloaded the app you’ll need to create your profile. You fill in a few user details to get started. Your personal details such as date of birth, height, weight and gender will NEVER be shown to others, but we need them to be able to work out your health points. If you don’t want to give us your details you will still be able to take part. In that case you will be given an average person’s data.
Now you can start registering your workouts, collecting health points for your team and seeing how your team’s doing. Bear in mind that the points for the challenge will not begin to be counted before 6 April.
We’ve emailed a team link to all the students so that you end up in the right team.
Find the email, follow the link and sign up using the same email that you used when you registered your paceUP! account. Your team will be shown at the top when you click on Topplista in the paceUP! app.
Can’t you find the email? Click here, for the list of all the invitation links to the teams. Then click on the programme you’re reading to get to the registration.
How do I register my first session?
When your user details are entered you can start registering your first workout session! There are three different ways to register your workout sessions in the app:
- You can register your activity by using the built-in GPS in your smartphone. Click on the orange plus button, then on Activity, then on for example Running and then Start. Press OK to use location services.
- You can also register activities manually by pressing the orange plus button. Then click on Activity and select your activity, for example Walking, and then click on Log manually in the top right-hand corner.
- If none of the preselected activities suits you, you can create your own activities by pressing the orange plus button, then clicking on Activity and selecting Other, and afterwards clicking on Log manually in the top right-hand corner.
If you’re using Garmin equipment you can automatically transfer your activities to paceUP! Connect your Garmin Connect account by clicking on Profile in paceUP!, and then on the settings gear in the top right-hand corner and then on Garmin Connect.
How do I maximise mine and my team’s points?
- You just need to register activities that are linked to physical activity. By this we mean for example that gardening or vacuum cleaning are not to be registered.
- If you work out for more than 30 minutes you’ll get 100 extra points! 30 minutes workout per day has in fact proved to be a real health boost. You get these extra points every time you register a session that’s 30 minutes or more!
- If you work out more than 30 minutes a day you’ll collect lots of points for your team. So be sure to do some exercise every day in whatever way you like, regardless of whether it’s going for walks, running, or yoga.
- And do also like and comment on others’ activities to pep your fellow competitors to collect points so that you can beat the others!
How can I see who’s leading?
You can see how your team’s doing in the app or at the top of the page. --> clickable link to the top of the page On the Leaderboard your group’s total points are shown divided by the number of active participants in the group. So this will give an average score for each active participant. Thus the comparison between groups is fair regardless of the size of the groups. The Leaderboard is of course in the app as well, under Races. Look for the challenge’s final date (17 May) and MDH Pluggpeppen.
You’ll find more info about how you register activities, find friends, form groups and much more here:
If you have any questions about the app you can always send a question to email@example.com.