Room U3-088, Västerås
School of Education, Culture and Communication, Division of Applied Mathematics
- Sergei Silvestrov is a Full Professor in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics at Mälardalen University. Sergei Silvestrov is the research leader for MAM research environment in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, and the group leader for two research groups Algebra and Analysis with Applications and Engineering Mathematics.
- Sergei Silvestrov obtained a degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics at Umeå University in 1996 under supervision of Professor Hans Wallin with the PhD thesis on the connections between dynamical and iterated function systems and non-commutative families of bounded and unbounded operators in Hilbert spaces with various commutation properties. After two years at the Royal Institute of Technology as a junior researcher and then two years as a STINT postdoctoral fellow in the University of Iowa, USA, he has returned to Sweden as a senior lecturer in Mathematics at Lund Insititute of Technology (Engineering Faculty), Lund University in 2000. Soon after, in 2002, he was appointed as Docent at Lund University, Engineering Faculty (LTH), Lund University. In May 2011, Sergei Silvestrov has been employed at a position of Full Professor at Mälardalen University. During 2012-2015, Sergei Silvestrov served as the subject representative for subject of Mathematics/Applied Mathematics. Since 2014, he is the research leader for the Mathematics and Applied Mathematics research environment MAM.
- Sergei Silvestrov supervised 17 research students to PhD degree in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics (Umeå University 1, Lund University 5, Mälardalen University 10, University of Nairobi, Kenya, 1), 2 research students to Swedish Licentiate degree in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics at Mälardalen University and Uppsala University, and 1 research student to Swedish Licentiate degree in Mathematical Physics at the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm.
- Sergei Silvestrov is a member of editorial boards of several international journals in Mathematics, Physics and Engineering.
Important external links
- Main Sergei Silvestrov website.
- Website of MAM research environment in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics.