Product and Production Development
The purpose of the TransMission project is to consolidate a competitive vehicle region by supporting relevant stakeholders in the transition to fossil-free, electric-powered transport, with a strong focus on suppliers.
Project manager at MDH
The automotive industry is in a technological shift towards electric and autonomous vehicles. The Stockholm / Mälar-region is a vehicle region with more than 200 suppliers. It is estimated that the industry has more than 75,000 employees working here. This means that more than 30% of all employees in the Swedish automotive industry is found in this area. Vehicles and related industries are Sweden's largest export industry.
Alfred Nobel Science Park, Mälardalen University, MITC and Örebro University, with the support of Region Sörmland, Region Örebro, Eskilstuna Municipality, Lindesberg Municipality and Eus Regional Fund, in the TransMission project, have jointly addressed the challenges of the technology change.
The project has three directions:
- Provide suppliers with the conditions to turn the technology shift into an opportunity.
- Build a knowledge area in electric vehicles with education, research and practical projects.
- Stimulate innovation, new products and services.
TransMissions strategy is to meet the companies where they stand and to offer development measures that meet their needs, in the short and long term. For existing suppliers, the project offer a package of measures and activities. These are implemented by ourselves, the regional innovation system and a network of actors and cutting-edge skills, in Sweden and Europe. These are in the areas:
- Efficient and smart production
- New technologies, AM, energy storage etc.
- Continuing Education
- Strategic development
- Product development
- Gender equality and integration. Our main activity is the program "Kvinna I Industrin"