Managing your MDU account
You should change your password regularly.
On the Account Management page, you can:
- See when the password expires.
- Change your password.
Important information before changing your password
Mac users currently need to be on campus for the password to sync to the computer.
- If you work on campus, your computer should be plugged into a docking station.
- However, if you are using Wi-Fi on campus, you must be connected to a VPN before changing your password.
Important information when you have changed your password
- Do you have a PC and changed the password via Wi-Fi or remotely?
- Lock the computer (CTRL+Alt+Delete – select lock computer). Then unlock with the new password and the computer password will be updated.
- The final step is to update all your other devices where you use your MDU account with the new password. For example, Eduroam on the telephone, computer, Ipad/tablet.
A device with an incorrect password will lock your account for 30 minutes.