Industrial Project Management
If you want to learn principles, methods, tools and project strategies for efficient execution of projects in order to gain high quality competence in industrial project management, this course is for you.
The course is suitable for you who work in product development, or with improvements in production, or in an administrative project.
You will develop knowledge and skills about how to enhance your project management capabilities and deliver predetermined project results. During the course, you will work with, and relate the acquired knowledge and skills to project management in your own company.
The phases found in projects are covered; establish, execute, hand-over to line organisation and close-out of the project. Organisational aspects of project management are in focus such as leadership, agility, quality management, communication and decision-making.
The course is given online without physical meetings during the autumn semester 2021.
You will learn to
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a project execution plan, including selection of suitable methods and tools for execution.
- Describe, evaluate and analyse how various activities and decisions influence the project and possibility to reach the planned project goals.
- Demonstrate the ability of executing a project in an industrial context including change management, communication, reporting, hand over and close-out of the project.
- Demonstrate skills in describing the relationship between organisation and leadership, learning as well as communication regarding project management.
- Analyse opportunities and limitations for using agile methods in industrial project management, and relate to relevant theories within project management.
Completed courses of 45 credits in Product and Process Development and at least 12 months of documented professional experience from industry or university studies in the field of technology of at least 60 credits and at least 24 months of documented professional experience from industry. In addition, English course A/English course 6 are required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
The course require that you have previous academies studies, but we validate work experience to assess if you have the knowledge that is equal to the eligibility requirements for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 28 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 19.5 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDH offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development