Industrial maintenance development
Do you want to deepen your knowledge about maintenance and dependability? Then this course is for you.
The course focuses on the value of dependability in production systems and how maintenance contributes to the achievement of optimal dependability. A well-designed maintenance programme starts with the design of the production system, from the procurement of new equipment, to system service life.
Download short description: Industrial maintenance development PDF
In the course, we look at maintenance as a value adding activity, analyse maintenance data and apply different types of analysis, such as Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCC) and Root Cause Failure Analysis. We also learn about maintenance management concepts and early equipment management as well as maintenance economy, planning and scheduling. Future trends and challenges in the maintenance domain are also a part of the course.
You will learn to
- Describe the value of maintenance and relate maintenance activities to the cost categories they are associated with
- Apply simple Life Cycle Costing (LCC) analysis for comparison of different solutions for achieving dependable production systems
- Apply Root Cause Failure Analysis to poor dependability in production systems
- Analyse and evaluate maintenance and dependability data from production equipment and based on such analysis, describe the resulting dependability of production systems
- Understand and describe the principles of the most common maintenance concepts
40 credits in Engineering/Technology and at least 2 years’ experience in full-time employment in a relevant area within industry. In addition English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc.
The course is given in the autumn semester. Application opens mid-March.
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDH offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development