Big Data and Cloud Computing for Industrial Applications
The manufacturing industry collects increasingly large volumes of big data, that is, data at high speed, generated from a wide range of sources in different formats and quality levels. But what is data without insight? This course will help you master the fundamental concepts of big data, cloud computing and smart decision-making for industrial analytics.
About the course
Designed specifically for manufacturing sector professionals, this course provides knowledge and insights in handling and processing big data, using machine learning and data analytics in a cloud environment. You will learn machine learning-based solutions for industrial applications, such as smart decision-making and predictive maintenance, using state of the art cloud platform tools.
The topics covered include cloud computing principles and cloud services, big data management, data analytics principles, and machine learning principles and techniques for big data.
What you will learn
- Demonstrate the ability to practically and theoretically translate knowledge within cloud services for applications in production, logistics and product development.
- Demonstrate the ability to use machine learning systems in a manufacturing or production environment.
- The advantages and disadvantages of using cloud computing and the most important driving forces and obstacles for using cloud computing in the manufacturing sector. You will also be able to describe and explain the different services that can be offered by different cloud platforms.
- The basic principles of machine learning and big data. You will also be able to describe and understand the most important prerequisites and challenges for usingbig data and machine learning within the manufacturing sector.
- Be able to describe the high-level design decisions and machine learning pipelines for building production machine learning systems, and concepts of scalable machine learning models.
- Understand and use suitable tools for analysis of manufacturing data and explain results obtained from them.
40 credits in Engineering/Technology and at least 2 years’ experience in full-time employment in a relevant area within industry. In addition English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc.
Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
The course require that you have previous academies studies, but we validate work experience to assess if you have the knowledge that is equal to the eligibility requirements for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence Word, 28 kB, opens in new window.
• Download a template for Employers certificate Word, 19.5 kB, opens in new window.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is part of the Premium project in which MDH offers courses aimed at giving the industry the competence needed for sustainable and smart production.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development