User Experience Design and Usability
The course aims to provide you with an opportunity to develop skills in experience design and design thinking. The Usability and User Experience course focuses on the design process, techniques and methods to design and produce digital artefacts with desirable experiential qualities.
About the course
- Usability and experiential qualities. The user experience of a digital artefact today consists of many experiential qualities. This module discusses the more complex situation faced by experience design today with many and sometimes conflicting experiential quality goals. The module provides techniques and methods for the initial part of the design process.
- This module covers techniques for realising a design. The module will also discuss different techniques and methods to validate a design and its experiential qualities.
- Basis of theory of science. Experience design is based on an interpretive epistemology and phenomenology. A user interface for a digital artefact can be designed for different purposes, such as business or pleasure. This affects the course of philosophical concepts of pragmatism, utilitarianism, and hedonism.
You will learn to
- demonstrate the ability to apply the design process for designing interactive digital artefacts focusing on user experience and experiential qualities,
- demonstrate the ability to conduct user tests to evaluate a design,
- demonstrate how the design work is based on scientific contributions in the field,
- design and develop interactive prototypes and digital artefacts focusing on user experience and experiential qualities,
- demonstrate the ability to make assessments with consideration to sustainable development, norm criticism, and scientific, social, and ethical aspects of interaction design, and
- describe basic philosophical concepts and scientific philosophy in experience design.
Related industrial challenges addressed in the course
- Develop and attend to the experiential values throughout the development process.
- Handling of engineering epistemology with basic science versus practice-based design epistemology.
- Apply design thinking within the organisation to develop products and services.
120 credits of which 60 credits in Computer Science and/or Informatics. In addition, English course A/English course 6 is required.
You can also apply for the course and get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways, such as work experience, other studies etc. Read more in Application information below.
You’ll find the entry requirements in the course description. After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the course. Most academic credentials from Sweden are retrieved automatically. Wait a few days after submitting your application - if you still can’t see your academic credentials om My pages, please upload them.
If you have studied in another country, you must provide transcripts of your academic studies and of your English proficiency. Exactly what you need to submit and how, depends on several factors. You can read more on universityadmissions.se or antagning.se.
If the course requires work experience, you need to provide an employer’s certificate. You can download a template for employer’s certificate below.
No academic qualifications?
The course require that you have previous academies studies, but we validate work experience to assess if you have the knowledge that is equal to the eligibility requirements for the course.
If you don’t have the formal qualifications required, please send in a certificate of employment (current or previous) and a CV/Description of competence that describes your educational and professional background. Please include a short description of your work experience, not only the work title.
Use the CV/ Description of competence template below and fill in the information requested.
You can also use our template for Employers certificate if you like.
• Download a template for CV/Description of competence
• Download a template for Employers certificate
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or application please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The courses are part of the Prompt project where MDH offers courses at master's level. The courses are given online without physical meetings and are flexible in time and space so that they can be combined with professional life.For companies that want to collaborate on competence development