Research in the subject of Mathematics/Applied mathematics
The School of Education, Culture and Communication (UKK) at Mälardalen University is conducting nationally and internationally established research in the subject Mathematics/Applied mathematics.
The research environment MAM in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics at The School of Education, Culture and Communication (UKK) is a strong research environment both nationally and internationally which has the main responsibility for research and doctoral studies within the subjectat Mälardalen university.
At Mälardalen university the research environment Mathematics and Applied Mathematics (UKK) constitute research base for all education within the main area Mathematics/Applied mathematics, for technology, economics and teachers education, as well as contributing to all established research areas and other academies at Mälardalen university through interdisciplinary collaboration and cooperation within research, research education and undergraduate studies.
After taking the basic courses you can choose from a wide range of courses in the areas where we are currently engaged in research.
You can complete the bachelor's, master's, master's, licentiate and doctorate in the subject area Mathematics / Applied Mathematics.
The research environment Mathematics and Applied Mathematics consists of four research groups:
- Stochastic processes, Statistics and Financial Engineering,
- Discrete mathematics and modelling of behaviour and culture
- Engineering Mathematics,
- Algebra and Analysis with Applications
conducting research and education within the following fields of Mathematics and its applications:
• Mathematical statistics, stochastic processes and financial mathematics
• Engineering Mathematics;
• Discrete mathematics, game theory and applications in social sciences
• Mathematical analysis and functional analysis,
• Applied matrix analysis, operator analysis and operator algebra
• Non-commutative analysis and non-commutative geometry,
• Dynamical Systems,
• Mathematical learning theory,
• Optimization and operations research
• Mathematics Education
and applications of Mathematics in
• Embedded systems, robotics, computer science, information and communication technology
• Bioinformatics, health technologies, medical technologies and life sciences.
• Finance and Economics
• Physics and related to Physics sciences such as electronics, environment engineering, energy engineering and optimization of resources
The research leader of the research environment Mathematics and Applied Mathematics is