Group rooms, open study spaces and computer rooms
At MDH, on both campuses, there are many group rooms that can be booked and many open study spaces.
If you are a student at MDH, you can book a group room for free.
You book group rooms atwhere you log in with your student account and then choose the tag ”Resource booking”.
Please find booking instructions in a manual to the right.
- Students are allowed to book group rooms 7 days ahead of time.
- Bookings can be made for 2 sessions (4 hours) per day and 8 sessions (16 hours) per week maximum.
- Rooms that have not been occupied within 15 minutes will be available to other students. 15 minutes rule does not apply to rooms that are booked for teaching.
- Remember to cancel your booking if you do not want to use the room.
- Everyone who uses a room is responsible for keeping it tidy.
Open study spaces
There are open study spaces on all floors in all buildings in both Eskilstuna and Västerås. At some study spaces, you have access to electricity and the Internet.
As a registered student at Mälardalen University, you have access to a number of different computer rooms, depending on the School in which you are registered.
Opening hours for computer rooms in Eskilstuna and Västerås: Monday-Sunday 07.00 - 22.00. Both an MDH card and a code are required for access.
Rules for using MDH computers and computer rooms
Usually available computer rooms can be booked by the Schools for scheduled teaching. In those cases, please find another computer room.
If you discover a problem, please get in touch with Helpdesk:
Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 16.00, Friday 08.00 - 15.00
Phone: 016 - 15 51 50
The Vice-Chancellor of Mälardalen University has decided on Regulations for Mälardalen University students on 19 June 2012, see document