Degree certificates are issued by the Division of Admissions and Degrees at Mälardalen University.
When you have finished your studies and you fulfil a degree requirement you can apply for a degree certificate.
The degree certificate includes only completed courses, the number of credits, grade, grading scale, the date for the grade and, where appropriate, other studies that have been transferred. The degree certificates are issued in Swedish with English translation together with a Diploma Supplement. The Diploma Supplement contains information in English about the Swedish Higher Education system and the degree in question.
Apply for a Degree Certificate
At Mälardalen University you apply for degree certificate at the Student Portal or by a printable application form. Before you send your application make sure you read the instructions carefully. You are personally responsible for completing every section of the application. The processing time for degree certificate is currently 10-12 weeks.
How to apply
To apply for degree certificate in the Student Portal,.
Mälardalen University has change its study documentation system, the service of applying for a degree certificate electronically via Student Portal is still under construction. If you can´t find the degree you want to apply for use the application form instead.
If you do not have an active student account you can apply by an application form. Print the form, fill it out and send it to Division of Admissions and Degrees. PhD students apply on application form.
- You need to make sure that all your results and final grade are registered for all the courses that are to be included in the degree. To find out if your results have been registered, see the Student Portal or contact the
- If a course or a part of a course have been transferred, you need to enclose a copy of the decision
- If you are an international student who has studied a master program at Mälardalen University you need to enclose an attested copy of your bachelor degree and a transcript of the courses included in your degree
- You need to enclose an Official Transcript of Records for courses studied at other universities if you want to include them in your degree
- If you have more credits than the degree requires you need to write on the application form which course that are not to be included in the degree
Applications are processed in order, strictly according to their date of arrival.
The degree certificate will be sent to you by post. Make sure that you write your address legibly in capital letters.
A decision to reject an application for a degree certificate may be appealed to the Higher Education Appeals Board. Information about how to appeal will be enclosed if your application is rejected.
Application for Course Certificate
You can apply for a course certificate when a course is completed and reported. If you have completed more than one course separate course certificate for each course will be issued.
Upon completion of their courses, exchange students can apply for a course certificate.