You can read an e-book online or download it to your unit. It is possible to add notes to e-books, highlight text and create a virtual bookshelf. You can print out a few pages from the e-book, but not a complete book.
How to find e-books
Search for e-books in. You can limit your search to only e-books by filtering "Books" and "Full text online".
Our e-book vendors
All e-books are to be found in the discovery service, but you also can search for books at the vendor's web pages.
1. Go to thefrom your web browser and search for a book. To access the collections, use your MDH account.
2. To download e-books from some of the collections you need to create an account at the vendors website. That is for free.
3. Download an eBook reader.
Android: We recommend that you choose either Bluefire Reader or Adobe Reader.
iPad and iPhone: Choose either Bluefire Reader or Adobe Reader.
Computer: Create an Adobe ID onAn e-mail with a verification link will be sent to you. Activate the Adobe ID by clicking on the verification link.
Then download Adobe Digital Editions.
4. Click on "Download".
5. In some of the e-book collection you can choose if you want to download the entire book or just individual chapters. The loan period can vary depending on which provider the book comes from.
6. The e-book is being downloaded. You are asked if you want to read directly or download to your library.
Read an e-book online
You only have to do step 1. If you would like to save notes and underlinings you also have to do step 2.