Mathematics is a subject which has solid academic tradition with wide applications in areas such as Natural sciences, Engineering, Economics and Life sciences. These disciplines all use mathematics as a fundamental tool.
The School of Education and Culture and Communication (UKK) is a host school for all research, graduate and undergraduate education in the subject area and subject of Mathematics/Applied Mathematics at Mälardalen University.
At Mälardalen University, Mathematics/Applied Mathematics is included in all civil engineering and engineering programs, teacher education, and in some economics programs.
In addition, Mälardalen University offers the following programs in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics:
- (given in Swedish)
You can also complete a bachelor's, master's, master's, licentiate and doctorate in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics. After reading the basic courses you can choose from a wide range of courses in the areas where we conduct research today.
In the subject of Mathematics/Applied Mathematics research is conducted in
- Mathematical statistics, stochastic processes and financial mathematics,
- Engineering mathematics,
- Discrete mathematics with applications in social sciences,
- Mathematical analysis and functional analysis,
- Applied matrix analysis, operator analysis and operator algebra,
- Non-commutative analysis and geometry,
- Dynamical systems,
- Mathematical learning theory,
- Optimisation and operational research
and applications of Mathematics especially in
• Embedded systems, Robotics, Computer science, Information and communication engineering
• Health technology, Biomedical engineering and Bioinformatics
• Finance and Economics
• Physics and related sciences
• Environment, Energy and Resource Optimisation
, Scientific leader of the research enviroment Mathematics and Applied Mathematics (MAM) at Mälardalen University
, Subject representative for Mathematics/Applied Mathematics as undegraduate subject and as research education subject at Mälardalen University
, Direction representative for Financial Mathematics within the subject of Mathematics/Applied Mathematics